CampaignStatement On Expanded Vaccine Mandates in Boston

December 20, 202115

BOSTON – Geoff Diehl, Republican candidate for Governor, issued the following statement today after Boston Mayor Michelle Wu announced the implementation of expanded vaccine mandates within the City of Boston:–

“I strongly oppose Boston Mayor Michelle Wu’s decision to implement expanded mandates for vaccination and proof of vaccination in the City of Boston. These mandates are clear

violations of the civil rights of anyone who lives in, works in, or travels to the city, and will

make it even more difficult for Boston’s economy to recover from the pandemic. What’s more, it’s unfair to ask members of law enforcement and small business owners to enforce these

mandates against members of the public. I am proud to stand alongside first responders who

believe these mandates are unfair and inappropriate and who don’t want to be in the position of enforcing them. While I openly acknowledge and share concern over rising case counts in Massachusetts, infringing on citizens’ right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is never an acceptable solution.”

Diehl, who formerly served as a Republican State Representative from Whitman, has made a commitment to individual rights and liberty a cornerstone of his campaign for Governor.

15 comments

• Shaun Oliver

December 20, 2021 at 9:54 pm

However I can help, I am willing.

I am a single father, I adopted my niece from my opiod addicted sister. I am a Marine Corps Combat Veteran, of the Iraq War. I am currently a Local 12 member, being chased from job to job over vaccine mandates. I have Jewish ancestory.

My stance is this, vaccine mandates are rooted in bigotry and discrimination. Just because I am not vaccinated does not mean I am carrying the virus. The only way to keep everyone safe would be to test everyone, always. Or to simply go through life assuming everyone has it and act accordingly to one’s own risk tolerance.

This virus is endemic. People lack the appropriate understanding of history to see where these paths take us.

• Lisa Evans

December 20, 2021 at 10:22 pm

You just got my vote and my $100 donation and I will volunteer. Thank you thank you for giving me hope that there are people that understand the importance of medical freedom and civil liberties. I am so grateful to you. Thank you.

• Nathaniel Spear

December 21, 2021 at 5:45 am

Thank you. You have my vote. So glad to read about your stance on mandates.

• Joanne

December 21, 2021 at 1:44 pm

Hello Geoff,
    Thank you for everything you do. You will get my vote. The new mayor will be a very bad thing for Boston.
    This is an EUA shot and it is unproven,unsafe ,and a it’s illegal to force people in order to enter a buisness.
    We should not be forced to wear the masks as they do not work.
    The Nuremberg Code
    1. The voluntary consent of the human subject is a must. This means that the person involved should have legal capacity to give consent; should be so situated as to be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter involved as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision.
    I am also very upset the children are being forced to wear the masks. This is child abuse and you are limiting there oxygen.
    Thank you for fighting for our freedom. God Bless.

• Brett

December 23, 2021 at 12:35 pm

+1 vote, patriot. Ense Petit Placidam Sub Libertate Quiete

• Francis T Cleary

December 26, 2021 at 5:06 am

Oh my God man I have been looking for somebody like you, you have my vote! If you don’t win come mid-November I will be hitching a U-Haul and driving to Florida!

• Liz

January 21, 2022 at 1:50 am

You have my vote! Thank you for taking a stand against the mandates!

• Danelle DeBye

January 7, 2022 at 11:57 am

I am a nurse practitioner and think the mandates will cause more community harm then good! Thank you for your opposition to these unlawful mandates that hurt patients!!!

• Joe Scacchi

January 13, 2022 at 4:51 am

I want to help. How can I best help your efforts?

• Chris

January 16, 2022 at 9:50 am

I will undoubtedly support your campaign for governor of the Commonwealth. These vaccine mandates will NEVER stop unless they are forbidden at the state level.
    Please keep this issue at the forefront of the campaign. Protect our children!! This is a winning issue!

• Becca K

January 16, 2022 at 2:39 pm

You have our families votes! Your beliefs for what this state can be are just what Massachusetts needs. Red wave coming to MA 2022!

• Sarah Hastings

January 17, 2022 at 7:10 pm

We need you and more GOP candidates. I am encouraged by your announced position on the banning of mandates, and your push to find more GOP candidates. I will be donating. I am signing up to be an election watcher / officer.

• Alex Stewart

January 20, 2022 at 2:32 am

Very glad to see you’re opposed to vaccine mandates. I consider them to be an unacceptable infringement on our civil liberties and bodily autonomy. You have my vote.

• Sam N

January 21, 2022 at 12:43 am

I like this guy! I work at a job that previously had a very strict vaccine mandate. Despite being approved for a religious accommodation, for months I was in danger of being terminated. I do not believe it is right for government to infringe on people’s constitutional rights. I am glad there is a politician like Geoff Diehl who understands that these vaccine mandates are unconstitutional and is willing to fight for our rights and freedoms which the founders of this great nation worked so hard to create. People who want to be vaccinated should get vaccinated. People who do not want to be vaccinated (for whatever reason) should not be punished for not getting vaccinated. Plain and simple. It is disgusting that anyone has to show their papers just to enter a venue in Boston these days. I sincerely hope Mr. Diehl gets a fair chance in the upcoming election. Also, my boyfriend’s name is also Geoff (spelled with a G, not Jeff). I’m on Team Geoff!